Pages

22 Jul 2018

travel. the digital london diaries



When I was 16 and thinking about what to do with the rest of my life (as one does) I came to the conclusion that I wanted to work at the German Consulate in London. I never even been to London before. I have no clue who that idea came up, put it was my new goal. The idea stuck because I really wanted to live in London from a young age. My mum and I would tell everyone that I will be working in London soon. 





I grew up in a village with approximately 3,000 people. You would cross my village with a around 30 minute walk (if you walk really slowly). Where ever I go I see familiar faces and places. Everything was always very calm and I'm surrounded by the woods and water. 
Arriving in London was rather a shock to me. There's 8,000,000 people living in one city. And the number is growing. It's always busy. It's always running. It doesn't seem to have an end. 






“Paris is a woman but London is an independent man puffing his pipe in a pub.” ― Jack KerouacLonesome Traveler







London feels so old with it's buildings, yet it's streets seem so modern. 





And here we have my friend Leah (ya we share a name) who thought she was clever for photobombing the picture. You wish. 

//

Shoot with Nikon D3100 and Nikkor 50 mm 1,8
Edited with Photoshop & VSCO Cam for desktop

1 comment:

  1. Your article is very valuable for travelers because appropriate solo guide can be a powerful tool for spending great weekend. Also if you want to travel by car UK

    ReplyDelete