Pages

24 Aug 2018

inspiration. copenhagen fashion week spring twenty-nineteen


Oh the northerns ...


When thinking about the Northern half of Europe clearly the first things that come to mind are IKEA and delicious cinnamon buns.
However as a fashion interested person the "Scandinavian lifestyle" has come to my mind more often. This lifestyle describes a minimalistic wardrobe with clean cut silhouettes and monochrome colours ranging from black and white so pastels. 
This description doesn't really add up with my personal style, however I had to take a look at what the Copenhagen Fashion Week had in store. I was not disappointed! Fun combinations and mixing patterns are right up my ally. 


From the left: Holzweiler, Baum und Pferdegarten, Ganni // all by INDIGITAL.com

If there's one thing I love it's a good overall. Over time I've had two different styles that I eventually got rid of. Lately I've been side eyeing some more styles. CFW had some pretty awesome styles in store and they really got me inspired style wise. 
One style that really stood out me personally were the checked ones on the very left. They take a very traditional pattern and turn it with the baggy 90's style of dungarees into a street style piece that makes my heart beat a little faster. 

From left: Cecilie Bahnsen, Ganni, By Malene Birger, Cecile Bahnsen // all by INDIGITAL.com

If there is one trend that stood out for me in the summer of 2018 it is maxi dresses that look like the casual look of a Disney princess. Give me all the patterns and colours and cuts and I'll be a fan. Let them be short sleeved for summer and spring, let them be long sleeved for the upcoming autumn and winter season. 
I, however, have not yet found my perfect maxi dress yet but I am very positive that will change because the glass if half full. 


From the left: Ganni, Stine Goya, Stine Goya, Holzweiler // all by INDIGITAL.com

One thing I am very happy about in fashion is the mismix and mismatch of patterns and colours. We have the blessing to mix pink and red and florals with checks. We can go ahead and wear the most outrageous combination and it's still a solid and perfect look. Gotta love breaking them rules. 
Thinking of Copenhagen and the northern countries in general I tend to think pastels and monochrome. Copenhagen didn't disappoint me when it came to mixing and matching though. It can be patterns that get mixed up, it can also be styles. The midi skirt with the long hoodie? It's a yes from me. The veryathletic looking top with the fringe skirt? Congrats, you successfully graduated. 
Stine Goya has to be my favourite collection, by the way. Loved the mix of colours and patterns and the overall vibe they were going for. 

From the left: Mark Kenly Domino Tan, Stine Goya, Mark Kenly Domino Tan, Baum und Pferdegarten // all by INDIGITAL.com

This capture is called "new office" for it's spin of classic office wear. Blazers, white blouses, pant suits - very classic and conservative styles. But this is fashion week and we live in exiting times. Especially the Mark Kenly Domino Tan collection stole my heart with their new silhouettes and yet so simple colour schemes. The cropped blazer is amazing and is getting me very excited to get some use out of my cropped jackets again. And the misfit blazer with only one functional arm? Give me one in every colour of the rainbow. 
The pant suit by the way is very high up in my wishlist as well, the colour is just stunning and in combination with the shoes I am one happy fashion lover. 


No comments:

Post a Comment